Friday, April 29, 2005

We Made It!

Alright! I'm baaaaaaaack!
Well, I'm kinda back...

I just had a post written and accidentally deleted it because my mind is on unpacking and garbage bags instead.
This is just a shorty.
I will write more this weekend and let you know how it's going, but so far so good...
except the food sucks real hard.
Luckily, we were mentally prepared for that.
Doesn't make the palate adjust any more easily, however.
Louisville is full of freaking awesome restaurants. One after another after another.
Not the case here. Not even close. I know of one good restaurant and we can't afford to eat there all the time.
In three days I have had Hardee's 4 times. Ick.
Pork Peddler's Buffet once (and no, I'm not making that ridiculous name up)
Sonic once and and awful cajun meal last night from what deceivingly appeared to be a nice restaurant.
At least the beer was cold and they were friendly, so that's something.

It will just take a while to adjust our lifestyle.
I know that.
It just that it is Derby month and we have nothing on our social calendar this weekend,
so I'm kinda freaking out.
Oh well, I'll be in the 'Ville for Oaks and Derby so I'll make up for the lack of excitement then.
You can bet on that.
God, I love Derby, Derby parties, and the freak show that comes along with all of it.
Fabulous trifecta.

I must also let you know how much I LOVE this house.
It is big and grand and full of light.
It has a nice flow and calming energy.
I don't believe it is haunted at all.
( I have a new theory about the increasing numbers of retirement homes and the declining numbers of haunted houses...remind me to post about that sometime)
AND
I can't wait to get unpacked and start painting.
AND
My studio is gonna ROCK.
I am chomping at the bit...my brain is busting at the seems with ideas.
I've gotta make it happen.
I will make it happen.

So.
So much for a shorty post.
I will write something more interesting or humorous this weekend.
Basically, I just wanted to tell you guys I'm here if you need me.
And Seth, the log made it fine. I think I heard it say "whee!" when I was unpacking it late last night.

Missed all y'all!
LL, MLW, Jill, Digital and the gang...
Glad to be be back...thanks for the comments..

And Marcy, thanks for the dread kit house warming package.
That's mighty kind of you.
I can't wait to start that project too!

2 Comments:

Blogger Lori-Lyn said...

Well...I meant to have a nice housewarming gift waiting for you guys at your new home, but obviously, that didn't happen. When you least except it..I will warm your house! I'm glad to hear you're going to be in Louisville for Derby. It was making me feel very weird to think of you not being in Louisville for Derby because you are the Derby girl and you need to be in the Derby city. Good luck with the food situation. Your house is going to rock.

Saturday, 30 April, 2005  
Blogger anessa arehart said...

MLW,no photos yet, but I
ll try to post some really soon...
LL, you know, they can't actually officially have Derby without my being present. It's in the by-laws.

Saturday, 30 April, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home

free hit counter
Free Hit Counter
View My Stats