Monday, April 25, 2005

The Countdown

The moving truck is scheduled to get here sometime between 8-9am to load us up...

I'm nervous...
and excited...
and sad...
and glad it's finally here...
and my toe hurts.

It is now 11:11 PM and I still have things to do...
(make a wish, by the way, for 11:11)

Most lucklily, Mark decided last minute to drive home from Paducah, to help me out.
He should be home about 2am.
This is wonderful news because I must admit, I really don't have my act completely together...
AND I ripped my big toenail off on Saturday in a furniture packing/flip flop mishap.
"The Toe" has been a big wrench is my well planned-out schedule.
And it throbs a lot. My toe, that is...not the schedule.

So, I was looking at all the things I need to pack into the teeny Wrangler tomorrow morning.
Hmmm, more than I realized.
Unfortunately, I can't load it up it tonight, because my car gets broken into about once a month by neighborhood scoundrels.
I just had my 6th..yes, 6th, gas cap stolen last week.
I imagine the thieves hiding in some apartment window laughing their asses off at me each time I discover another cap missing. Yeah , yeah...f-ing HILARIOUS! How very clever and mischievous.
But that's another story...

Back to the packing of the teeny jeep...
My list includes, but is not limited to:
two dogs, two cats in crates, my overnight bag, a portrait that is still wet, my flammable painting stuff, 3 plants, a kitty litter box, food for all the animals, both of my laptops, and my comforter. Oh yeah and two crates of booze.
I would also like to take the vacuum sweeper, but unless I let it ride between my legs, it probably wasn't gonna happen.

That is until the phone call... now with my fabulous husband Mark Farmer to the rescue, I can take a minute.
Take a deep breath.
Post a note to y'all and rest ..."The Toe"....which throbs.
Yeah. That's nice.

So I guess that's my report for now.
I'll check back in later this week and let you know how it's going from the new digs.
Wish us luck!
Until then...

11 Comments:

Blogger Lori-Lyn said...

Wow. It all happened so fast! I share your sadness, but also your excitement. I hope that your new street doesn't have so many gas cap thieves. I hope the two of you find what you're looking for in Paducah. I wish you much happiness and discovery in your new home.

Tuesday, 26 April, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please let us all know how the log handles the trip. Both physically and emotionally.

I'm sorry about your toe. Damn infernal flip-flop technology. When are our scientists going to get on that?

Wednesday, 27 April, 2005  
Blogger anessa arehart said...

Hey all!
I am finally back online! yea!
Thanks for you comments and well wishes...
I will try to post something tomorrow night or Saturday morning...
I just wanted you to know I am here, safe and sound (as well as the log...and the toe) and missing my online buds.
Talk to you really soon...
Lot of love..from PADUCAH...
It's not the end of the road, but you can see it from here.... ha ha...WHAT have we done????
Just kidding... I can't wait to start my new adventure!

Friday, 29 April, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great post. I used to be checking constantly this weblog and I am inspired! Extremely useful information specially the ultimate part :) I maintain such info much. I used to be seeking this particular information for a very lengthy time.
Thank you and good luck.
cash for cars melbourne
cash for cars toowoomba

Thursday, 17 June, 2021  
Blogger Hashtag Car Removal said...

Hi, I am really glad I have found this info. Nowadays bloggers publish just about gossips and internet and this is actually irritating. A good site with interesting content, this is what I need. Thank you for keeping this web site, I'll be visiting it. Do you do newsletters? Can not find it.
car removal sydney
cash for cars sydney online quote

Thursday, 17 June, 2021  
Blogger Best Cash For Cars Brisbane said...

Thank you very much for giving this useful information. I searched for this information for a long time but was unable to locate a reliable source. I really appreciate the time and effort you put into writing this fantastic essay. Here, I've learned a lot of useful information. It's well worth bookmarking for future reference. Allow me to share a reputable website for cash for cars Brisbane and free junk car removals Brisbane services.

Sunday, 05 December, 2021  
Blogger A1 Auto Removals said...

The information you provided on this website is quite helpful. Keep up the wonderful work, and may God bless you. Check out the Cash for Cars Adelaide and Car Removals Adelaide services if you need to get rid of an old, trash, or unwanted vehicle while also earning some cash.

Monday, 06 December, 2021  
Blogger North Coast Wreckers said...

Great post and very informative post. North Coast Wreckers provide the best used or new car parts at an affordable price. Whether you are looking for an auto part for your engine. Cash for Scrap Trucks Townsville

Friday, 07 January, 2022  
Blogger Local Cash For Cars said...

Really very happy to say, your post is very interesting to read. Local Cash for Car is a licensed auto removal company that buys all types of used, junk, scrap, broken, and damaged vehicles for as much as up to $8,999 unwanted car removal.

Friday, 07 January, 2022  
Blogger Fast Car Removals said...

Such a great information for blogger I am a professional blogger thanks. Best Cash for Junk Cars means cash up to $9999 and free fast pickup. We take any car whether it’s used, scrap, junk, old, salvage, written-off or accidental. Our drivers are prompt and pick up a car at the scheduled time. Hassle free service and quick paperwork. We need your driver’s license to make a selling receipt and cash will be paid on arrival. We bought 39% of total cars from Ipswich last year and the number is increasing.

Saturday, 08 January, 2022  
Blogger BNE Copper Recycling said...

Hello! I found your website on google and found it very useful and informative for our business and I also shared your website with my other friends also. BNE Copper Recycling do eco-friendly scrap metal recycling ipswich and pay you the most competitive prices in the recycling industry. We buy, collect, and recycle your scrap metal and save the planet from the harmful greenhouse gas emanations that are the primary reason behind the ozone layer damage.

Saturday, 08 January, 2022  

Post a Comment

<< Home

free hit counter
Free Hit Counter
View My Stats