Monday, April 25, 2005

The Countdown

The moving truck is scheduled to get here sometime between 8-9am to load us up...

I'm nervous...
and excited...
and sad...
and glad it's finally here...
and my toe hurts.

It is now 11:11 PM and I still have things to do...
(make a wish, by the way, for 11:11)

Most lucklily, Mark decided last minute to drive home from Paducah, to help me out.
He should be home about 2am.
This is wonderful news because I must admit, I really don't have my act completely together...
AND I ripped my big toenail off on Saturday in a furniture packing/flip flop mishap.
"The Toe" has been a big wrench is my well planned-out schedule.
And it throbs a lot. My toe, that is...not the schedule.

So, I was looking at all the things I need to pack into the teeny Wrangler tomorrow morning.
Hmmm, more than I realized.
Unfortunately, I can't load it up it tonight, because my car gets broken into about once a month by neighborhood scoundrels.
I just had my 6th..yes, 6th, gas cap stolen last week.
I imagine the thieves hiding in some apartment window laughing their asses off at me each time I discover another cap missing. Yeah , yeah...f-ing HILARIOUS! How very clever and mischievous.
But that's another story...

Back to the packing of the teeny jeep...
My list includes, but is not limited to:
two dogs, two cats in crates, my overnight bag, a portrait that is still wet, my flammable painting stuff, 3 plants, a kitty litter box, food for all the animals, both of my laptops, and my comforter. Oh yeah and two crates of booze.
I would also like to take the vacuum sweeper, but unless I let it ride between my legs, it probably wasn't gonna happen.

That is until the phone call... now with my fabulous husband Mark Farmer to the rescue, I can take a minute.
Take a deep breath.
Post a note to y'all and rest ..."The Toe"....which throbs.
Yeah. That's nice.

So I guess that's my report for now.
I'll check back in later this week and let you know how it's going from the new digs.
Wish us luck!
Until then...

5 Comments:

Blogger Lori-Lyn said...

Wow. It all happened so fast! I share your sadness, but also your excitement. I hope that your new street doesn't have so many gas cap thieves. I hope the two of you find what you're looking for in Paducah. I wish you much happiness and discovery in your new home.

Tuesday, 26 April, 2005  
Blogger Jill said...

Good luck! It sounds exciting!

Tuesday, 26 April, 2005  
Anonymous Seth said...

Please let us all know how the log handles the trip. Both physically and emotionally.

I'm sorry about your toe. Damn infernal flip-flop technology. When are our scientists going to get on that?

Wednesday, 27 April, 2005  
Blogger Mandy said...

Tiny Anessa! I'm really excited about your move. I can't wait to see the pictures and what fabulous colors you guys choose to paint you place!
Good Luck and love~

Thursday, 28 April, 2005  
Blogger anessa said...

Hey all!
I am finally back online! yea!
Thanks for you comments and well wishes...
I will try to post something tomorrow night or Saturday morning...
I just wanted you to know I am here, safe and sound (as well as the log...and the toe) and missing my online buds.
Talk to you really soon...
Lot of love..from PADUCAH...
It's not the end of the road, but you can see it from here.... ha ha...WHAT have we done????
Just kidding... I can't wait to start my new adventure!

Friday, 29 April, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home

free hit counter
Free Hit Counter
View My Stats