Friday, April 08, 2005

Wet Paint

The Principal

This is the most recent portrait I have just completed. Right now I'm waiting for the paint to dry.
I signed it so I guess I have decided it's done, unless you guys think I need to change it.... Then I will probably go drag the paint around a little more.

It's much more formal than I prefer, but it's what the client wanted. And he is a prinipal so he probably wouldn't look the same in a, "eat at Joe's" t-shirt. I really like his face.

The subject in the painting is a retiring principal of a county school here in the very heart of Kentucky.
The photo was taken in 1992, and it is the photo his wife loves the most. His staff gave me a stack of school photos to work from. Kinda interesting to see him change over a period of many years, documented at the same time every year.

I hope I get to meet him sometime. He looks like a nice guy and they are going to so much trouble for his retirement, I'm probably getting the right vibe. The portrait will hang in the hallway of the school. I'm flattered. Oh yeah, the portrait is a total surprise they will be giving him at his retirement party, so if you recognize him, don't tell him about it!

Reference Photos Used
Here are the school photos I used for my main references.

I'm now focusing all my energy on a portrait of a smiling Golden Retriever named Ben. So far it's looking great... stay tuned.
If you haven't visited my site in a while, it has temporarily moved, it is here now. Check it out!

1 Comments:

Blogger anessa arehart said...

Thank you so much, Marcy...

It means a lot coming from you...

miss you...

: )

Saturday, 09 April, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home

free hit counter
Free Hit Counter
View My Stats