Thursday, April 21, 2005

Afitchsayswhat?

Man, I have had some crazy dreams lately.

4 nights ago I dreamed I was dating Stiffler from American Pie. We were professing our love for each other on a couch in a parking lot with a lot of drunk people around (one was wearing a wig on top of their head like a hat) He was very sweet in my dream, not like his jerky character in the movie. We were in high school. As I drove off, in a car I have never seen before, he kept saying, call me...I love you, call me.... call me....bye, baby. Strange but sweet.

3 nights ago I dreamed I was working in our back yard when I noticed a man standing on the other side of the privacy fence writing or reading something in a notebook. He saw me looking at him, and I said "Oh I'm sorry I didn't know you were over there". Then he proceeded to climb over the privacy fence and come at me with a piece of lumber trying to knock my block off. I somehow ended up with a chisel in my hand and stabbed him in the neck. Blood was everywhere. Then I called 911 crying "I think I've just killed someone". And the 911 operator wouldn't stop laughing at me. He thought I was kidding. I woke up very distressed. I don't know if I killed the guy, but he was high on crack, I think..and trying to kill me, I might add.

2 nights ago I dreamed I was on some sort of sight seeing trip, by myself, that included bridges and mountains and scary heights and lots of tourists milling about. I was terrified to cross this one specific bridge because there was no railing to keep anyone from falling off and it was very high up on the mountain. Out of nowhere this red-headed outdoorsy-looking older man (think Crocodile Dundee) ran up and grabbed my hand and said, "Come on,
you can't sit there all day!" and we ran across to the other side where there were tons of gift shops and restaurants.
Then we were sitting in a stairwell and I was telling him of my fear of heights while he flirted with me and told me how to steal food from restaurants. Weird! Oh yeah, magnolias were blooming everywhere.

Last night I had a riddle dream. I haven't had a dream like this in a very long time. It's where random images occur and they spell out a clue. In a very long abstract fashion I finally got Isaiah 26:28 as the answer.
So, of course, I looked it up this morning. Well, there is no such verse. However if I flip it around to be 28:26 it is a very short verse that says, " For his God doth instruct him to discretion, and doth teach him". What kind of message is that? Then there's something about beating fitches with a staff and cummin with a rod. Hmmm. Maybe the fella in dream #2 above was over there reading the same verse and thought I looked like a fitch.

Well, I suppose I've been called worse.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lori-Lyn said...

Wow.
I'm very intrigued by clues spelled out in dreams.
I wish that verse had been more about partyin' and love and peace and happiness, though.

Friday, 22 April, 2005  
Blogger anessa arehart said...

Yeah...kinda heavy.
Scripture. Spooky.
I prefer the one where I was kissing Stiffler.

Saturday, 23 April, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home

free hit counter
Free Hit Counter
View My Stats