Monday, April 18, 2005

Vision at 6

While packing for the big move to Paducah, which will take place Tuesday the 26th,
I found this bizarre photo in an old chest.
I love it so much I had to share it with you.
It was taken in January of 1976 with my Grandfather's camera. I was 6 1/2 years old and he encouraged me to take some photos at a family gathering.
Apparently, I have had a lightly bizarre artistic eye since a very early age.
I remember posing my Mom and her two older brothers (yes, one of them is wearing an Ernie puppet) for this thought provoking and serious photo.
I very distinctly remember telling my Mom to gaze into the distance.
I instructed all of them to not smile.
I'm not sure why I added the Ernie puppet. Irony, maybe?
Who knows but it sure does crack me up.
Bizarre
I only wish I had a scanner so you could see it more clearly.
(I threw my piece of garbage scanner out into the street the other day in a fit of disgust.
Now I miss it) Either way, enjoy, and please share your thoughts on this one if you feel moved to do so.clearer version
Here's a clearer version for your viewing pleasure.

7 Comments:

Blogger Lori-Lyn said...

This is very cool. I think you should make a painting of it. The Ernie puppet is my favorite part.

Tuesday, 19 April, 2005  
Blogger anessa arehart said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Tuesday, 19 April, 2005  
Blogger anessa arehart said...

Hmmmm. Good idea!
Maybe for my show with Marcy in November?

Tuesday, 19 April, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lord this is just fantastic! My favorite part is the look of the guy who's holding Ernie. He looks like he can't believe it. I bet he couldn't.
Mandy Lee

Tuesday, 19 April, 2005  
Blogger Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

To me it looks like each one of them are saying, "If we must."

(Yeah, Kentucky!)

Tuesday, 19 April, 2005  
Blogger anessa arehart said...

You guys are too kind....thanks for the comments..
I'm glad you find the humorous beauty in this is much as I do.

My Mom was up here last night and she said she vaguely remembers the photo being taken.
I wish there were others....there must be....
I will post them if I find them.

Thanks again friends!

Wednesday, 20 April, 2005  
Blogger Mick Jeffries said...

Oh, I just love that Ernie puppet and the assembled expressions..

The crop in your "restored" version is key actually, I think. I like that you cropped the bottom and you can't tell who's hand Ernie is on..

anyway, it's great.

Friday, 29 April, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home

free hit counter
Free Hit Counter
View My Stats