Friday, October 14, 2005

"She was looking like an erotic vulture." The Pixies

Well, it time for Vulturefest 2005

Today, we will be taking a short drive up the road to Makanda, Illinois where we will attend our first Vulturefest.
Not sure if I will actually see any vultures, however.
I have read that one actually has to go into the adjacent Shawnee Forest to see them.
While I would love to see some of these amazing birds up close, I must admit I am more interested in the music and crafts and hippie watching.
Apparently, Makanda is touted as a true hippie haven.

Here's a neat article written by a musician named Acie Cargill
He totally digs it....and I think I will, too.
I'm excited to go...and what wonderful weather for a drive in the jeep through those magical Kentucky hills.
I'll report back to soon with photos and video.

PS: Go see Broken Flowers with Bill Murray. It is 99% wonderful.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lori-Lyn said...

Well, I can't wait to hear about Vulturefest.
I'm glad to hear your review of Broken Flowers, too. I knew that I would love it, but I've read some bad reviews that had me confused. Now, I'm certain again that I will love it.
Have you seen Elizabethtown?

Monday, 17 October, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home

free hit counter
Free Hit Counter
View My Stats