Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Flocking Homeward

Well, it's almost here!
Our show at the Cinderblock Gallery in Louisville, that is.....

cinderflock2

I designed this postcard last night.
Pretty cool, but I wish it was a little more exciting,
and my painting becomes very grainy when I shrink it down...
Don't know how to stop it from happening.

Quite honestly, I could use a little help in this area.
If any of you have special talents with postcard design and would like submit a better version, with the same general feeling,
please, I encourage you to do so...
I'd love a slick card for our show-
and just to sweeten the deal, I'll trade you TWO naked cute-boy drawings for your kind services.
(see open studio post below)

Also, here is a little P.R. blurb for each of you to use when e-mailing your friends about hooking up at our show.
(You do want to be seen attending shows at the hippest gallery in Louisville, right?)

Marcy works mainly in copper and silver. Using traditional jewelry techniques she creates modern and whimsical works that are highly emotive and reflective. Most of Werner's works for the upcoming Cinderflock show are
extremely recent. "I wanted to try a completely different direction with my metal work. These pieces are very process-oriented, but the emotion is still there."
Anessa will presenting a group of refreshingly colorful and irreverent portraits, as well as a
selection of the locally famous and highly collectible 'Please Don't Act a Fool' chair paintings.


Hope you can make it!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It doesn't look grainy on Flickr from my computer. It looks great! And congratulations on your show!

Is there a place I can sign up to be on the mailing list?

Wednesday, 05 October, 2005  
Blogger anessa arehart said...

Thanks Jill! I appreciate your comments. : )
You can get on www.cinderblockgallery.com and tell Scott you add you to his e-mail list.
Eventually our show will be posted as a virtual gallery so you can see all the work posted on Cinderblock's site.

Wednesday, 05 October, 2005  
Blogger Lori-Lyn said...

I think it looks great!

Thursday, 06 October, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home

free hit counter
Free Hit Counter
View My Stats