Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Quit Your Job.

I am still hanging on to the dream that I can one day buy a small retail property to finally start up my Gallery.
Yes, the same Gallery I have boring you to death with over the past 12 years. The one who's name changes but layout is basically the same every time.
The one you all have agreed to consign work in.
You do remember agreeing to consign, don't you?

So with this little dream tucked away in my aspirations shirt pocket,
I continue to look at property.
All the time.
In every town I pass.
Especially when we are traveling near the ocean.

Last week, I spotted the cutest little home for sale right on the edge of the Lowertown Arts District.
Yesterday, I went inside....twice.... and talked to the owner for a very long time.
Let me tell you. It's perfect. 1940's, completely renovated. 1,200 sq. ft of cuteness and possibility.

I want it for myself in the worst way.
I don't believe we are in the position to buy this little gem of a residential/commercially zoned gem at the current moment...
However, maybe one of you are.
I figure if I can't have it...well, next best thing is to have a friend buy it.

That's why I am writing this.
Many of you have flirted with the idea of moving here for the Artist Relocation Program...
Over 60 artists have made the move already and the homes are going very quickly now.
Especially the little ones.

I'm writing this because,
maybe today is the day you say....
"I've had it with my job."
Maybe today is the day you say....
"I want to open the _______ store I have been dreaming of."
Maybe today is the day you say....
"I miss Anessa so terribly I must move to be near her."

Or not.

Let me know if any of you are interested in this property and I'll tell you all about it.
I would tell Holly but it will be gone by the time she get's here. Plus she wants something a little more grand.
(She called this week and said her trip is now scheduled for October because she is still filming her movie.)

Also....it's self portrait Tuesday again....I'll have to post something later.

1 Comments:

Blogger anessa arehart said...

Clever name!
I called the bank today for a loan application....just to see what we can get pre-approved for. HA!
Have I lost my mind?
Fat chance anything will become of it....but it makes me feel like I am moving forward in a weird, pretend, way.
Thanks for the nice long e-mail about LoTo and the ideas..... I appreciate the thoughtful consideration (of my five billion proposals) you put into it.

Tuesday, 30 August, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home

free hit counter
Free Hit Counter
View My Stats