Tuesday, June 07, 2005

On the Easel

I haven't posted anything lately because I have been busy overworking this poor painting and dealing with plumbers, electricians, HVAC men and gutter folks. We're spending $ like banshees.
Have you ever seen the movie "The Money Pit"?

Ahem.

Anyhoo....Drama schlama.
Here's what I have been up to.

Parts of this are only roughed in (the hand)
and other parts have been so completely over worked it's pathetic (the rest of it) .
The nose is very flat....still a bit of work to be done....
Parts of it I like, however. The hair, the right eye, the lip, the halo.
Sometimes when I post things like this on flickr or here on the blog, I can see them with fresh eyes.
I can suddenly see what is wrong with the picture.
So, for what's it worth..
In Progress
Oh yeah, by the way...it's me. Wearing a tinsel halo and smoking (sorry Michael, just for irony's sake)
a hand-rolled cigarette.
I think I look vaguely reminiscent the paper angels you see during the holidays, at the mall, for the Angel-Tree-Make-a-Kids-Christmas promotion.

7 Comments:

Blogger Mick Jeffries said...

i like this whaddyoolookinat? kinda thing. It reminds me a little bit of frida kahlo..

Thursday, 09 June, 2005  
Blogger anessa arehart said...

Thanks guys...I'll have to post it again soon..it has evolved a lot since I took this photo.

PS: Like your new photo Mick. What cha got there?
Looks refreshing.

Thursday, 09 June, 2005  
Blogger Mike said...

I liked the bunny better, though that incense you were smoking looked too much like incense.

BTW, the Chicken is coming very soon. Send me your new address for your own commemorative and stylish invitation!

Thursday, 09 June, 2005  
Blogger anessa arehart said...

Yeah, I like the bunny better, too...but now I have so much time into this I want to make it work.
Ya know?
Some call it, beating a dead horse..
Me?
I prefer the term, lesson in futility.
And hey,
What cha gotta against smoking a little incense every now and then?

I'll email you new address right now!

Thursday, 09 June, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Marcy spoke highly of this painting. Now I can see why. AWESOME! -Glen

Monday, 13 June, 2005  
Blogger anessa arehart said...

Thanks Glen!!!
Good to hear from you...hope you are having a fun summer.

Tuesday, 14 June, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hand is toooooo small. great face though. keep the good work

Thursday, 26 April, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home

free hit counter
Free Hit Counter
View My Stats