Thursday, June 02, 2005

What Rhymes with Loritab?

Loritab, Lortab, I've just learned thy name.
Such a popular drug in the west Kentucky game!

Before we moved to the country quite grand.
I'd never heard of it's powers, pleasure and fans.

But, out of woodwork they started to crawl,
"I take mine fer my laig pains."
"I stole mine from my Pa."

They take them with coffee, and water and beer,
then drive up to Wal Mart and for bullets...
and huntin' gear.

My neighbor was on them when she threw out her back.
A dealer was arrested two blocks over,
for selling them with a sidecar of crack.

The teachers are on them, the welcome-wagon and the seniors.
The clerk, the waitress, the judge and the preacher.

It's talked about freely and often, it's true,
A simple matter of fact, in the heart of the red, white 'n blue.

Relaxed and laid back is the way in these hills.
I thought it was tradition,
but now I think it could be the pills.

As opiates go, they're quite easy to get.
A tumble down the stairs and even I got a script.

Tiny, ink-scribbled words on a pad of light blue,
Just a trip to Wallgreen's and I can be on 'em, too.

Narcotics for a bruise?
I think I'll "Just Say No".
Yes, my bruise hurts, but did we overshoot the goal?

A few icy beers will do me just fine.
If it still hurts after the beers,
I've got a bottle of wine.

1 Comments:

Blogger anessa arehart said...

Me thankey!

Friday, 03 June, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home

free hit counter
Free Hit Counter
View My Stats