Friday, July 14, 2006

Lilly Farmer 1994-2006

Goodbye, dear sweet Lilly Girl.
Lilly meditates.
I will miss you for the rest of my life.

Dear friends, this is a very sad e-mail...

You may or not want to read it all, but many of you have asked to keep
you posted....and we have received so many supportive messages and
phone calls.
We thought we would share with you that
our sweet Lilly passed away last night, at our home, in our bed just
before 10pm.

We are so so very sad today. So empty.
In a state of disbelief and absolute heartbreak.

There aren't enough tears and there aren't the right
word to express how much Lilly meant to us and how much we loved her.
Especially how much we will miss her.

Everything seems wrong right now.... She truly was the center of our home.

We picked her up from the hospital at 8:00 last night and she was
okay. Not great, but holding on. It seemed, though, as soon as we
walked into our
home she started having trouble....Started declining.
We took her upstairs to our bedroom and closed the door and assisted
her as best we could. We hugged her gently, laid by her side, told
her we loved her, gave her kisses and cried our eyes out. Bruce waited
quietly by the door. Luther came in and seemed to say goodbye to his
friend for just a second, then waited outside the door, as well.

She died on our bed right before 10pm. It was traumatic, but she
never cried, we
loved her and kissed her until the end. She died while I was trying
to help her sit up. She was in my arms and Mark was right there helping me.

It was awful to witness, but I'm glad I was there. Her little body
had been through so much in the past week.
I think she was never going to recover. She was just holding on
until we came to get her and take her home. She has never liked being
away from home.

I want to believe we did the right thing...and I do find comfort in
the fact that she is no longer in pain.

We placed her little body in a new bed that we bought for her just
last week and drove her back to the animal hospital. She looked just
like she was sleeping. It was very hard to leave her at the hospital
knowing I'd never see her again, but the nurses and doctors had
treated her so well, I knew she would be treated respectfully. The
staff cried with and were very caring. The put any doubts to rest and
assured us she was ready to go and it worked out the way it was
supposed to.

We are having her cremated, bed and blankets and all, just as we left
her so she will be snuggled up until the very end of her physical
existence. Until there is no more of her left.

I am sick with grief. We can't eat. All we do is cry. It will be
very hard unpacking her photos, of which there are so many. Her
leash is still by the door and I can't bear to even touch it. It is
emotionally wrecking to have been walking only one dog this week.
She had such a big presence, it is painfully obvious how much vacant
space is left in her absence.

Thank you all most sincerely for your kindness, friendship and deep
understanding of our love for the Lilly Girl. She was an
extraordinary soul and I am lucky that fate brought us together. I
will forever be grateful for the experience.

Time will heal us I know....but it's helpful know she had so many
people who loved her and were pulling for her, too.

Humble thanks for being there for all of us.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this photo of her, Anessa. I'm so sad she's gone. She was a sweet girl. She had lots of happy years with you guys. Let me know if we can do anything. Love you guys.

Tuesday, 18 July, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I found my way to your blog via jill'slivingroom. My beautiful little Lace (all white wire fox terrier) left us on May 2nd. I love your pic of Lilly as she was quite a beauty. Like you, I spent Lace's last hours holding her and hugging her and telling her what a perfect friend she was to me. She was so still and only moved her eyes to watch me. Last night I walked her sister, Sosh, and realized once again that I missed Lace's ears and her tail and her jaunty walk. So Lilly now lives in your heart and is always right there with you. Thank you for sharing her. Take care.

Friday, 18 August, 2006  
Blogger Teena in Toronto said...

I'm sorry about Lilly. It's been 4 years since I lost my 17.5 year old cockapoo, Smidley, and I miss her still. But I like to think she is watching over me, waiting for me (as per the "Rainbow Bridge"). I'm not a religious person at all but this thought gives me comfort.

Rainbow Bridge

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.

The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

Sunday, 01 October, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

free hit counter
Free Hit Counter
View My Stats