Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Clothes Up & Personal




I’m doing the laundry on a Saturday afternoon while the washer and dryer are in storage. June 17th can’t get here any sooner (the day we move into the new house).

I’m folding laundry, and drinking a diet mountain dew when an interesting young lady starts up a conversation with me. This is just a small sample of my wonderful afternoon, doing three large loads of clothes.

Young Lady: Hey, I got a question for you. What does it mean when a guy says, “if you were only 20 years older…”

Me: I think it means that he thinks you are attractive, but 20 years too young to date.

Young Lady: I had a teacher tell me once to ask a question 100 times to find out the real answer and I bet I’ve asked that same question over 100 times.

Me: Do you ever get a different response than the one I just gave you?

Young Lady: Nope, I don’t think I ever have.

Me: I think you may have found the real answer (not as sarcastic as it may appear)

Young Lady: Do you like airplanes?

Me: Yeah (enthusiastically)

Young Lady: I talk about airplanes so much that I drive my family crazy. I know all the makes and models and everything there is to know about airplanes. I love airplanes. What do you know about airplanes?

Me: I fly in them to get places and I like them because the get me there faster than driving.

Young Lady: Ask me anything about airplanes and I bet I can answer it, just go ahead and ask me anything.

Me: Something I’ve always wanted to know is how do they stay in the air without falling to the ground

Young Lady: (after a long pause) Do you have another question about airplanes?

4 Comments:

Blogger anessa arehart said...

Ha ha....it is even funnier in type.

Tuesday, 16 May, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

very good . . .did I mention you are welcome to do laundry at our house any time you need ;-)
Carrick

Tuesday, 16 May, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hal Hartley appears to be scripting your life.

Seth

Wednesday, 17 May, 2006  
Blogger Mags said...

that is hilariuos!!!! love it!

Tuesday, 23 May, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

free hit counter
Free Hit Counter
View My Stats