Monday, July 25, 2005

Keepin' it Crazy, Y'all

Today I woke up with a huge list of things I want to accomplish....
Only difference is this:
Today, I have that feeling in my chest that makes me able to actually get it all done.

I have mentioned before that I have some sort of cyclical condition.
One which makes makes me an uber-optimistic, restless, hyper-achiever every now and again.
I simply wake up and things feel different all around me.
Everything is an opportunity and I can't wait to get my sleeves rolled up and dive into my life and into all my half-baked ideas.

It a very specific feeling...
not jittery....
not speedy or mind-racy...
it's not all over place.

It's focused.
A focused sense of euphoria.
A sort of personal and driven epiphany...
It settles in my chest and swirls around
and overwhelms and suffocates my doubtful, paranoid gut.

I love this feeling.
It can last for months at times.
It's when I do best paintings. I painted the Smart Ass Bunny on a day like today.
(but the swirl didn't visit very long that time)

When the swirl arrives my creative ideas start flowing with gusto.
I want to paint.
I want to clean.
I want to dance and sing.
(yes, even with my tune-in-a-bucket-challenged voice, I want to sing)
I want to drive my car with the top down and the radio loud.

It's a heightened sense of being alive, I suppose.
A type of mania that results in overwhelmingly positive results.
A good sort of crazy.
Well, I take that back.
It's a GREAT sort of crazy.

Wish me the stamina to ride this sucker out...
because my house needs a good cleaning.
(the upholstery looks like it's all been re-done in fuzzy angora)
Our laundry begs to be folded.
I have 4 blank canvases trying to talk to me and lots of errands to run...
And most importantly, my dog-childs wanna shake a leg and get out of the house for a while.

Perfect time for a visit from the swirl, wouldn't you agree?
I'll let you know what happens.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Would I agreeeeeeee!! Yes, I love that feeling. Man how I love that feeling. I kinda had it today but used the energy and motivation a little differently. I needed to fold the clothes, mow the grass, dust the furniture and shave the angora covered couch. I, instead when to the coffee shop and grabbed a green tea and went to the gazebo. This gazebo is one of my favorite places. I have not been there in quite a while and missed it. I had the perfect opportunity since I had taken the one person I love more than any in the world to the airport and had the opportunity to drive, top down, alont the PCH to my favorite spot. No one was at the gazebo, which made it that much better. These are days I will think about when I cannot have them anymore. Blogmaster, when you have these energy filled mornings, take advantage.

Monday, 01 August, 2005  
Blogger anessa arehart said...

Thanks... I will...and I do!
Glad you had such and awesome day...the gazebo sounds very nice....

I drove 4 hours yesterday along the WKP with the top down and my little pink i POD rockin'. I loved it...I could have driven at least another hour. It was a wonderful drive...the end to an awesome weekend full of friends and good food and interesting conversation.

Monday, 01 August, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I failed to tell about the view from the Gazebo. It sits about 100 or so feet from the water. Rats beach on the right and Haggerty's to the left. Don't know why I like it there but it is just one of those places.

Monday, 01 August, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home

free hit counter
Free Hit Counter
View My Stats