Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Snoopy

Having people look through your house while you're not home is kinda weird.

Being fully aware it is the most necessary part of selling a home, it still makes me feel funny knowing people are looking through our closets, our pantry, our bar and our basement.

Before I grabbed the dogs and headed out the door for today's showing, I made some last minute adjustments.

I arranged my underwear basket in the closet so the "this is a great home" pair was on top of the heap.
I arranged the garden tools so the "this is an awesome backyard" rake was visible,
and I made most visible, the magazines that assured an unmistakable "very cool people live in this neighborhood" vibe.

Tonight when I came from the showing, I could tell the potential buyers had been sitting at the kitchen table.
The toilet lids were up, they had possibly examined our bottle of moonshine and the back door was unlocked.
Guess they didn't read my post about my obsessive door lock checking rules.

No biggie really, though.
I'm happy they felt at home enough to do those sorts of things, but I wonder if they noticed the nice panties, the rake and the Sophisticated Living magazine I so carefully arranged for their visit.

I guess I'll never know.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lori-Lyn said...

That's gotta feel so weird. At least they didn't drink any moonshine. And you could always leave truly strange stuff lying around...um I guess that wouldn't help with selling the house, but it could be fun.

Thursday, 24 March, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah....hmmmmm...that could be rather entertaining----!

Anessa

Friday, 25 March, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home

free hit counter
Free Hit Counter
View My Stats