Monday, March 07, 2005

802 East Washington

Well, it's official. Our home is now on the market. Our friend and realtor, Jo Bishop , came by Sunday and stuck the sign in the yard.
It was a relief to get the sign up, but I felt kinda sad.

I'm going to miss this house an awful lot...and in a very strange way, I think the house might be sad we are leaving, too.
We have been a good fit. We love our old home and in return it has been very good to us.

Old homes can be so amazing. Not only are they grand, in a way that is impossible to re-create, but they share so much history with you. Sometimes when I am watching TV in the front room I try to imagine what was happening in that very same room 100 years ago. What were the people were wearing? What was going on outside on the street? What was for dinner?
I think of all the people that have lived here and what they did in the evenings, before American Idol and Desperate Housewives and Mexican take-out meals. I try to imagine of all the holidays and the parties and the daily goings-on.
It's neat to be part of something that just keeps on going. Soon, Mark and I will be just a couple of names on the cast of characters in the story of 802 East Washington Street.

Yes, I'm gonna miss this old house.
The very best parties we ever had were in this house.
The most fun ever had around a kitchen table was in this house.
We learned how to conserve natural gas and the art of clothes-layering in this house.
We adopted Bruce, planted things and replaced appliances in this house.
We had fun, and lots of it.

The house, as well as the neighborhood, is full of great energy and possibility. You can feel the shift happening.
We have watched Butchertown grow and be re-discovered by folks that used to never come 'downtown'.
It a cool house on a cool street in a very cool town.

Yes, I'm going to miss it more than I thought.


802 east washington
802 east washington,
originally uploaded by Anessa.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lori-Lyn said...

It's a funny thing about change. It's crucial to life and yet it's almost always painful. Even good change. I'm sad to see you leave your house, too, but I'm also excited about what your move will bring. I can't wait to see what you do with the new place. You guys can sure work magic on a house!

Tuesday, 08 March, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll miss the house too, but will miss you and Mark more...

Tuesday, 08 March, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home

free hit counter
Free Hit Counter
View My Stats