Monday, May 01, 2006

Just a Quickie--

Wanted to let all of you know that we made it to Louisville successfully and things are starting to get into some sort of routine. Kind of. Well, not really.
Anyway, it is Derby Week and it feels so good to be in the thick of it.
Hats, cocktails, parties, pretty dresses, winning money, everyone is in a festive mood, everything is in bloom---it's pretty wonderful. Plus the off chance that you may bump into your favorite actor in the paddock...That never hurts either.

Everything we own is in storage for the next 7 weeks except for a few springtime outfits, a few plates and one coffee mug. We are sleeping on an air mattress and using borrowed towels from my sister.

The animals are doing okay. Lou is great and thinks we are in a hotel room. Lilly keeps begging the question, "Um, really now....Where is the real house?" Bruce says, "Wha? Ooh, look! My shadow! Wha? Where's my Kong?" and Rothko promptly found a hole in the wall behind the gas stove and has not come out so much just yet.

We found a cute little bungalow home in the Highlands and will be closing on it Mid June, and we have two people that are interested in buying the condo, so that is good news.

I had an interview Saturday to work for a new art supply place opening next month at the Mellwood Art Center that seems like a good place to work, and there is also a slight chance I might be offered my old job back at Power Creative as a photo stylist, which I loved. Either would be awesome.

Mark is plugging along at his new job and is very happy to be home and see his friends.
I also have 4 paintings currently lined up so all is busy and well.

Hope to be posting pix soon for you of the festivities!

More later---

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations and hooray!

Monday, 01 May, 2006  
Blogger Lori-Lyn said...

I'm glad your whole family is safely back in Louisville. I hope you find the perfect jobs (and a way out from behind the stove) and such. Like Lilly, I can't wait to see the new place!

Tuesday, 02 May, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

free hit counter
Free Hit Counter
View My Stats