Sunday, January 29, 2006

Huge and Very Average

While riding down the road with Mark and our friend Christopher Saturday night, Christopher asked why I had made the font so incredibly big on my blog.

Me: What do you mean?

C: Well, your font got really huge when you posted the Wal Mart rant and it never went back. At first I thought you were just making a statement, but it never changed after that.

Me: What? I don't know what you mean. I never made it bigger...what does it look like?

C: Um, it looks really huge and very average.

Me: ( I die laughing ) Are you kidding?

Mark: What font did you use? Huge Ass Helvetica?

Mark and Christopher come up with a string of very funny names for gigantic font styles that make us all laugh for a good while.

Me: No way. I did change my font a while back, but huge and average is not the look I was going for. The font I chose looks very slick and modern on my monitor. It is called "Futura".

C: It is not that way on my computer. I was wondering why you did that.

So dear friends, if you have been reading this blog
in Huge Ass Helvetic style, I am very sorry.
I had no idea. In fact, I thought I was treating you to quite the opposite.

Hopefully, I have fixed the problem tonight.
Would you mind telling me what it looks like on your monitor...
especailly if it is HUGE AND AVERAGE?

Too funny.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Jill said...

I think I see helvetica. It is very tiny. (I am on a Macintosh, looking at this through Firefox if that helps.)

Monday, 30 January, 2006  
Blogger anessa said...

Thanks Jill---Is it too tiny to comfortably read? Do I need to make it larger?
I used Arial 12 pt.

Monday, 30 January, 2006  
Blogger Lori-Lyn said...

It looks smaller and pretty to me.
That's hilarious.

Monday, 30 January, 2006  
Blogger Alice said...

It's smaller now, but still bigger than average. Maybe because the "futura" font may not be supported on all browsers, so sometimes that makes things display differently. Or it could be a Mac vs. PC thing. What I see on my monitor (on my PC) is all caps (looks like Arial?) and the letters are about 1/4 inch tall maybe.

It could be that the font size in the post section of your code is set to something besides 100%. The titles are okay larger, but maybe the main body content is set for something larger? That's the only thing I can think of. If I think of something else, I'll let you know.

Monday, 30 January, 2006  
Blogger Mags said...

Well, I am on a mac, and it looks so small to me, I had to scoot really close to read it, but maybe I have bad eyes.
It isn't average, I liked the huge ass version though! I never thought it was average!

Monday, 30 January, 2006  
Blogger digitalcowgirl said...

The same thing happened to me when I used a photo as my headline. It only appeared that way on PC's though. i had a reader tell me, checked it from work and it was BAD!! All fixed now--no big headers for me (that is not a double entendre).

Monday, 30 January, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

free hit counter
Free Hit Counter
View My Stats