Sunday, January 29, 2006

Huge and Very Average

While riding down the road with Mark and our friend Christopher Saturday night, Christopher asked why I had made the font so incredibly big on my blog.

Me: What do you mean?

C: Well, your font got really huge when you posted the Wal Mart rant and it never went back. At first I thought you were just making a statement, but it never changed after that.

Me: What? I don't know what you mean. I never made it bigger...what does it look like?

C: Um, it looks really huge and very average.

Me: ( I die laughing ) Are you kidding?

Mark: What font did you use? Huge Ass Helvetica?

Mark and Christopher come up with a string of very funny names for gigantic font styles that make us all laugh for a good while.

Me: No way. I did change my font a while back, but huge and average is not the look I was going for. The font I chose looks very slick and modern on my monitor. It is called "Futura".

C: It is not that way on my computer. I was wondering why you did that.

So dear friends, if you have been reading this blog
in Huge Ass Helvetic style, I am very sorry.
I had no idea. In fact, I thought I was treating you to quite the opposite.

Hopefully, I have fixed the problem tonight.
Would you mind telling me what it looks like on your monitor...
especailly if it is HUGE AND AVERAGE?

Too funny.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I see helvetica. It is very tiny. (I am on a Macintosh, looking at this through Firefox if that helps.)

Monday, 30 January, 2006  
Blogger anessa arehart said...

Thanks Jill---Is it too tiny to comfortably read? Do I need to make it larger?
I used Arial 12 pt.

Monday, 30 January, 2006  
Blogger Lori-Lyn said...

It looks smaller and pretty to me.
That's hilarious.

Monday, 30 January, 2006  
Blogger Mags said...

Well, I am on a mac, and it looks so small to me, I had to scoot really close to read it, but maybe I have bad eyes.
It isn't average, I liked the huge ass version though! I never thought it was average!

Monday, 30 January, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

free hit counter
Free Hit Counter
View My Stats