Saturday, February 11, 2006

A New Frontier

I am sure by now all of you have heard the exciting news and new adventure full of possibilities that await our near future.

I have to say, we are both very excited and nervous with anticipation about this recent development.
Yes, we are simply beside ourselves that
Oprah and Friends are going to satellite XM Radio!



If you’re like me (and I sense that some of you are) I can never get sick of this woman. I have tried to dislike her, stopped watching her shows, but I just can’t stop the love.
“God I wish I knew how to quit her.”

Flooded by media and publicity with way too much power and influence some might say, but I can’t think of a better person to whom this power should be awarded. You don’t have a pulse if you have never cried watching an Oprah show, or an “After the Show” where she has touched the lives of the less fortunate or helped someone realize their true potential. Forget the Tom Cruise interviews and celebrity name-dropping; I am talking about the Aids in Africa shows and the “we are building you a new house” shows. What other celebrity, or millionaire mogul is doing more than Oprah to help people or make other people want to make a difference in the world? Trump and Martha, P-Diddy, the Hiltons, Bill Gates…”Girlfriend, please.”

I know some of may say you don’t like her, or that you have never been moved such as this…. but I have to think, if you have not been moved, you have not really been watching, have you??

I didn’t think so, manly man. Now get to watchin’..

Also, Gayle King, I know your own show wasn’t the greatest, but you are a key player in this as well. How many celebs out there do you know that not only still hang with their best friend, but also try to include her into the spotlight? I can relate to this woman, sometimes I like to think that I am Anessa’s Gayle.

Although Dr. Phil has transformed into a self-absorbed trap flapper with a “holier than thou” attitude (I once had a friend that thought people were saying “holier than the owl”- seriously), there are the other, newer FOO’s (Friends of Oprah’s) that I do respect and can’t wait to listen to on the XM.

For now, the excitement builds and we all await the new show. Oprahheads don’t be ashamed of your love, get XM and listen as she helps to make the world a better place.

Oprah Bless you.

4 Comments:

Blogger Mags said...

me too! I read it and re-read it...Anessa's Gayle?? I am such a ding-a-ling sometimes!! Why is Anessa calling herself Anessa's Gayle? Unfortunately we don't have Oxygen where we can see the after show or Satelite radio...maybe someday! I'm not feelin' Dr Robin though...I see her having her new show in a couple yrs like old Philip McGraw!

Saturday, 11 February, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

THIRD ONES A CHARM, I ALSO THOUGHT, "ANESSAS GAYLE"? WHAT THE @/-`@*!? AND IM RIGHT HERE WITH YA MARK, IF OPRAH WERE TO RUN FOR PRESIDENT, SHED HAVE MY VOTE!!!!!!!
SHE TOTALLY ROCKS! DONNIE AND I WERE DISCUSSING HER EARLIER TONIGHT TO HIS 6 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER, I SAID 'I LOVE OPRAH', SHE THEN SAYS "WELL I HATE HER" HELLO? I INFORMED HER THAT DONNIE AND I ARE BOTH IN LOVE WITH OPRAH, ITS A SMALL JOKE BETWEEN US, (BUT ITS TRUE)AND SHE SAID, "WELL, IVE SEEN HER ONE TIME AND I JUST HATE HER" AS SHE ROLLED HER EYES AND BOBBED HER HEAD. WE BOTH LOOKED AT HER AND THEN EACH OTHER AND WE SAID, OH HOW SHE IS LIKE HER MOTHER, HA HA. WHICH OBVIOUSLY DESCRIBES HOW HER MOTHER FEELS, WHICH THEN PROVES YET ANOTHER REASON THAT I DISLIKE THE BROAD.........

Saturday, 11 February, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

SORRY, BUT I AM NOT ANONYMOUS, IM JACKIE!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Saturday, 11 February, 2006  
Blogger JMarFar said...

Sorry for the confusion on "who's that writer". I guess I should start with - Mark here...
Cowgirl, you can watch Oprah at 11pm on "After the Show". It's worth staying up late. I rarely see the daytime version, but the later show is more "laid back" Oprah, talking with the audience and hangin' with the guests.

Sunday, 12 February, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

free hit counter
Free Hit Counter
View My Stats