Tuesday, December 20, 2005

A Kiss for Criss

Today the Cat Man turns 60.
Peter turns 60

I have never quit loving him.

Even though I didn't continue learning to play the drums...

And after years
of whispered, broken promises
made to the poster I had on my bedroom wall....

Yes, even after all the secret kisses
I planted square on his papery, shiny silver nose..
and sometimes ruby red lips...
leaving traces of Lip Smackers I was sure would give me away....

Even today, as decades have passed....
I have have become a mid-aged woman...

I still feel deeply connected
to the drummer...
with the whiskers...

Especially, when I hear Beth
on the oldies station.

So in honor of this quiet man
who chose to be a cat...

Instead of a demon....
or an alien from space...
or a sex pot star child...

I have made a birthday card
with love
and deep admiration
and photoshop.

Birthday Card for Peter Criss

ps: That is not Peter Criss singing Beth in the MP3 above..
it is a fellow from Kiss Forever, a rather impressive Hungarian tribute band.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free hit counter
Free Hit Counter
View My Stats