Monday, January 17, 2005

Biz, Biz, Biz (3)

The Cinderblock Gallery is a very cool little lowbrow/experimental gallery in which my portrait work is not very appropriate, or desired, in fact. I shared the studio space with 3 other folks (including the amazingly talented owner/artist Scott Scarboro) until alas, I realized that needed to save some cash and moved my set-up into my laundry room. Somewhat less inspirational, but free, nonetheless.
The Cinderblock (or The Block , if you're feeling cool ) is where I show another little thing I like to do: Beauty Folk Art paintings and mixed media.
Although I only have 2 photos to share with you, this has actually been my most well received crazy business idea, so far, with over 25 pieces finding homes.

If you find yourself anywhere near this place on a First Friday of the month you should drop in for the Gallery Hop. I picked up 3 of these awesome skateboards by Luke Rollins for a steal last month. When the show is over I will post some photos for you. I scored the one in the photo, another red and blue one of an 18-wheeler, and a bright yellow one with a waffle and steak diner stenciled on it. Needless to say, they look amazing together and I can't wait to get them home.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lori-Lyn said...

Your beauty pieces are so cool.

Tuesday, 18 January, 2005  
Blogger anessa arehart said...

thanks, they are a lot of fun to do, too!

Tuesday, 18 January, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home

free hit counter
Free Hit Counter
View My Stats