Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Back in the Saddle Again

I am happy to report, dear readers, (all 9 of you according to my Frapper Map)
that the Cinderblock opening was a success!
(and HUGE, huge thanks to Douglas Maxon, who photographed the whole show and will be posting it online soon )

Tons of people were out and about for Gallery Hop, the weather was awesome and Marcy and I both sold work.
I sold 7 paintings, have 3 maybes on the back burner that still might work out, and have been asked to do 4 additional commissions at some point in after the holidays. Marcy sold 5 pieces, including her totally awesome set of 3 absinth spoons.

I think I heard her say she is going to buy a new lomography camera with her earnings and I will be purchasing a new easel and paying my sweet husband back, who has been bankrolling this project.....
Very patiently, I might add.
Thank you honey....

So, have I said "Woo-HOO", yet?
No?
Oh! Well, "Wooooooo- HOOOOO!!!!"
and add a big 'ol redneck Kentucky "hell yeah" on there, too...
Just for good measure.

As you may imagine, I am truly thrilled about the whole night.

It is absolutely wonderful to feel a certain sort of validation after putting so much time and effort into a project.
Validation, not only by selling work, but also by having friends and family travel near and far just to show their love and support.

For the past 3 months I have been working on this show almost everyday.
Now, I am certain it was worth the effort..

So, I guess, I just want to make sure I take a moment to say "thank you" to all of you who came out and cheered us on...
and "thanks" also to those of you who couldn't make it, but sent well wishes and good vibes our way.

It may not last forever, but I have never been happier in my life than I have been the past 6 months, attempting to make a living through my artwork.
Mark is behind me and wants to see me succeed so we will be doing this as long as we can pay the bills.
Which is more than anyone could ever ask for.
I am living my dream right now and very few people ever have a chance to do so.
I feel blessed and in love and inspired to move forward full throttle.

Okay...enough for now.
I have two family portraits that have to be finished by Christmas so I better saddle up, get the XM crankin', and get those brushes back to work before they get cold!

3 Comments:

Blogger Lewis said...

Grats on the successful show. I can attest that it looked awesome!!

Tuesday, 08 November, 2005  
Blogger anessa arehart said...

Thanks Lewis!!! I appreciate you and Joetta coming to see us.

Marcy...sure, but where will we have it?
Assuming Scott passes the Cinderblock off to the next person?

Wednesday, 09 November, 2005  
Blogger Mags said...

Anessa...Yes, Your show was Amazing! I loved Marcy's work as well! Ya'lls TAL en TED....talk about redneck KY girl!
I am so glad that someone I know is truly happy w/ the education they paid for, and to konw that someone out there is living their dream...you only see that on American Idol and in the movies! so Go ON Girl!!! Love and hugs!

Friday, 18 November, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home

free hit counter
Free Hit Counter
View My Stats